I was lucky enough, this week, to receive some cool kit from Bushnell to have a look at. I will be giving these bits of kit a good trial over the next month or so and writing about them both on here and on my website. I already have two of their trailcams, which I love, so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to take a look at some of the other products that they produce.
First up, are the Bushnell Excursion EX 8 x 42 binoculars.
These binoculars boast the following features:
- Wide field-of-view (widest in their class)
- Locking focus wheel
- Lightweight and durable
- Best optical system in its class (Fully Multi-Coated) lenses + PC-3 Phase Coated Prism
- BaK-4 prism
- Twist-up eyecups
- 100% waterproof/fogproof
- Close focus & long eye relief
- Soft-Touch thumb grip
- Quick attach/detach neckstrap
- Rugged, sure-grip rubber armouring
Next I receievd a Bushnell BackTrack DTour… a little GPS gadget.
With up to five storable locations, the D-TOUR allows you to save walks and locations, but also log places you would like to return to… maybe a nesting hole or kingfisher site you discover! In addition to providing simple distance and direction, the D-TOUR includes a self-calibrating digital compass, time, temperature, altitude and latitude/longitude coordinates. Best of all, once you return , you can easily upload up to 48 hours worth of data to a PC or Mac.
So basically, I can go for a walk with this gadget in my pocket and it will record where I go as well as other info such as altitude, temperature, distant travelled, ave speed etc. When I get home, I just plug it into the PC and it will upload all the data onto a google map! I can save those walks / trips. I can also use it on the last bit of my 10k training as it will not only log where I run, how far I have travelled but also my average speed (snail’s pace!!)
Its features are summarised here:
- Runs on Windows (XP SP1 or later) and MAC (10.4.9 or later)
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Weather Resistant Construction
- Stores and locates up to five locations
- Includes Time (military or civilian)/Temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius)/Altitude
- Distances in Yards/Miles or Meters/Kilometers
- Latitude and Longitude coordinates
- Logs up to 48 hours of trip data
- Available in Red or Green
Finally, I received a rather interesting one…. A Bushnell HD Light torch….. I was intrigued as well! This torch is different ot usual torches as it emits a square beam of uniform light… no fuzzy circle as in ordinary torches. The light is consistent from centre to edge and certainly looks like it is worth wandering around in the dark with!